rewrite n : something that has been written again; "the rewrite was much better" [syn: revision, rescript]
1 write differently; alter the writing of; "The student rewrote his thesis"
2 rewrite so as to make fit to suit a new or different purpose; "re-write a play for use in schools" [also: rewrote, rewritten]
- Rhymes: -aɪt
- Something that has been written again.
Rewrite may refer to one of the following:
- Rewrite (programming), the act or result of writing new source code to replace an existing program
- Rewrite man, a journalist who works in the office, taking information reported by others and crafting it into stories
- "Rewrite", a music single by Asian Kung-Fu Generation
- Rewrite (visual novel), a Japanese visual novel by Key
- Rewriting, the act of applying a rewrite formula to a series of suitable expressions, such as:
- Tax law rewrite project, a major effort to re-write the entire tax legislation of the United Kingdom in a format which is both more consistent and more understandable
- Blackwhite: Rewriting the past according to George Orwell's 1984
- Rewrite history
amend, amendment, blue-pencil, copy, copy out, correct, correction, draft, draw up, edit, editing, emend, emendate, emendation, enface, engross, inscribe, make a recension, make out, pen, pencil, push the pen, put in writing, recense, recension, record, rectification, rectify, redact, redaction, redraft, rescript, rescription, revamp, revampment, revisal, revise, revised edition, revision, rework, rewriting, scribe, scrive, scroll, spill ink, spoil paper, superscribe, trace, transcribe, type, work over, write, write down, write out